Previous Posts
» blondegeek bags, physics shirts, and MIT Campus Pr...
» Going once... Going twice... Sold!
» If you saw the booth today and want to order onlin...
» blondegeek tees at MIT
» Happy 6th Birthday blondegeek.net!
» Basking in Berkeley
» Finishing up the school year and diving into summer.
» Happy 5th Birthday blondegeek!
» Quick Addendum to Studio
» Studio



Subscribe to this blog! or Add to your Google homepage!

Friday, April 09, 2010

balancing it out.

I took the day off. It wasn't my original intention, but it happened.

I woke up at the right time, got together my books and papers, but by the time I went to go have breakfast with my dad (he's visiting for the week) before my Russian class at Harvard I realized, I NEEDED A DAY OFF. It was a combination of burning the candle at both ends (selling shirts - more like giving directions to the dazed, confused and ecstatic pre-frosh and parents [I remember being like that when I first got on campus], getting school work done, hanging out with dad [which of course has been a lot of fun - just wait until I tell you about my trip to Nashville - another story]) and just being sick (You know that song "I left my heart in San Francisco"? We'll I'm singing/croaking to the tune...

I lost my voice in Nashville --- (elongate the 'nash', gotta fill the melody) ---
The bar-b-que it calls to me --- (Yum, yum, yum) ---
To be where cowboys sing along to country kinds of song --- (and play guitars to all 12 bars) ---
The NASCAR roar, may fill the air, and I'll be there. --- (Go Kurt Busch and Brian Ickler!) ---

Okay, enough of that.

As I was saying. I took the day off = I slept all day. Lazy me! I needed it. Now, BACK TO WORK. I've got a quantum mechanics test to study for, some C plus plussing to do, some website updates to make, Russian to learn... the list always goes on. But, I thought about chatting with you guys first :) (To which my friends might respond - PROCRASTINATION! <- to which I reply "Shhhhh!") But, I did spend last weekend in Nashville with my Dad. And it's a story worth telling. We're from San Diego, but we have a friend, Brian Ickler, that races trucks and there were some races at the Nashville Speedway. So, we wanted to stop by and say hi and listen to some fantastic music in downtown Nashville (honky-tonks and B.B. King's blue's bar). It was a kick butt weekend. I had a fun time flying down from Boston and pestering the pilots in between flights about what all the fancy buttons did and what the "road maps" look like for planes - I got a jelly donut for my curiosity :) (Flying into Washington D.C. is SUCH a trip, I still can't believe how close the airspace is to the Mall "Hello, Pres. Lincoln!") Most of all the people in Tennessee are SO NICE! What a polite and friendly bunch of people. Friends back at school told me I came back with a southern twang! What can I say, I latch on to accents too quickly.

At this point, I'll let pictures do the talking. I'll also post some picture from the blondegeek/UWIP booths from yesterday in a separate post. Happy viewing and happy weekending!





















btw, playing guitar is an excellent thing to do while panoramas compile. ;)


Posted by Tess |


« Home | blondegeek bags, physics shirts, and MIT Campus Pr... » //-->





Nice!

Posted by Blogger Dimitri timidimit #  

~Oo°~

Post a comment.



>> Neutrino Page
>> Design Page
>> projects 2006-2008
>> ye (olde)^2 stuff

*these will open up in different windows due to the likelyhood of ancient broken links.

Widget_logo