Previous Posts
» ! blondegeek store closed for summer !
» Microwave Popcorn Smoke Signals
» I promise I'm not ignoring you...
» Something punny...
» Russian Soaps and Non-Russian Soup.
» blondegeek tee/tea party
» Making lists...
» catching up.
» blondegeek / UWIP booth
» balancing it out.



Subscribe to this blog! or Add to your Google homepage!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hello from Fermilab!

Howdy!

I'm at Fermilab for the month (just got here last Thursday), working on MicroBooNE (click for link). I've been programing, helping design a frame to hold some of our detectors, and trying to avoid the ill-tempered, hissing, government-owned geese that flock around the High Rise (picture below). The novelty of living in essentially a town of physicists still hasn't worn off and I'm having a blast.

I'm staying on the Fermilab campus in one of the Fermilab Village dorms where I'm living with many different physicists from all around the globe. Since I forbid myself to take any of my office work back to the dorm with me, I've been spending the evenings socializing with my dorm-mates, playing my guitar, and concocting devious plans of art installation. (Hopefully more about this later, in another post.)

But! Four weeks have past without a peep from me, so I must "tell" you what has happened during this blogging gap. That's right. You know what time it is. It's picture time.

*cue your Flight of the Conchords groove*


First of all, we have a new member of the family and his name is Thelonius. Now I can run AutoCAD smoooooooothly. Poor Virtual Box on my Mac just wasn't cutting it. (Actually, the video card is missing in this picture, but it's in there now! Don't worry!)

I finally got to quilt that I've been wanting to make...well, I at least got to the top part of it. It's the view from inside a traditional Japanese house looking out onto a garden.

The center part is comprised of several pieces of fabric sewn on top of each other (No applique. I'm too impatient.)

Sometimes a close focus makes a photo 10 times more artsy than it should be.

Saw Sting in concert! I loved the stage setup and design. The music was good too ;)

This is from one of the Jimmy Johns in Chicago. It made me laugh.

Did you know that Walt Disney Symphony Hall in Los Angeles had an amphitheater extension? It just happens to be in Chicago. Still, I love Frank Gehry.

Bow to the BEAN!

Hissing geese, surprisingly pictured not hissing.

The Fermilab High Rise (Wilson Hall). I REALLY like this building.

My bike to and from work. :)

And clear evidence that my feet just barely touch the ground.
That's all folks!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,



Posted by Tess |


« Home | ! blondegeek store closed for summer ! » //-->





what *is* the thing in the close focus shot?

Posted by Anonymous blondegeek Fan #  

~Oo°~

Post a comment.



>> Neutrino Page
>> Design Page
>> projects 2006-2008
>> ye (olde)^2 stuff

*these will open up in different windows due to the likelyhood of ancient broken links.

Widget_logo